The EPA says “Radon is the number one cause of lung cancer among non-smokers” (overall, its second only to smoking).
The particles released seep up from the ground and can seep into the house and get trapped, causing a build up of radon in the air which people then breathe in.
The EPA says “(January 13 2005) U.S. Surgeon General, Richard H. Carmona, issues a Health Advisory warning Americans about the health risk from exposure to radon in indoor air. The Chief Physician urged Americans to test their homes to find out how much radon they might be breathing. Dr. Carmona also stressed the need to remedy the problem as soon as possible when the radon level is 4pCi/L or more”.
If the average level is more than 4pCi/L, a radon mitigation system should be installed.
Click the button above for more information on:
- How long does it take
- What is included
- FAQ about radon testing (like “why do I need a radon test?”)
- And more
We test for radon in the air.
We do tests for:
– Homeowner Information
– Buyer Information
– To make sure Radon Mitigation systems are still functioning
These are the radon test packages we currently offer:
This test runs for 48 hrs.
Important! During the Radon test:
- Do not touch, bump, move, or otherwise interact with the testing box.
- If house is occupied, go about normal routine, except as follows:
- Keep exterior doors and windows closed.
- Leave the HVAC set as it would normally in an occupied house.
- Leave ceiling fans off.